Baltimore/DC Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with you on the booths thing, everyone was trying to get me to go to their retarded tourist trap resort.

Retarted??? REAL class act:shakehead:
And you claim to be a FE in the Air Force? Glad to see the standards have been lowered so much.:confused:
Just for future reference....FEs don't FLY anywhere....they RIDE

Last edited:
Retarted??? REAL class act:shakehead:
And you claim to be a FE in the Air Force? Glad to see the standards have been lowered so much.:confused:
Just for future reference....FEs don't FLY anywhere....they RIDE

Thank you for insulting me, the current Air Force, and my job. I really appreciate that.
As a matter of fact, the standards for entry have been RAISED substantially. The AF is fat on people and they know it.
As for "riding" on a DC-10 platform, the FE is far more involved in flying than many other airframes.
We work with the FMS, throttles, many secondary flight controls, refueling systems, as well as all the other aircraft systems.
In the squadron the slang is "flying" to here, there, etc. It appears we have a diffence in semantics.
And, unofficially, we do "fly" the airplane from time to time. :)
If you are coming from a C-5, C-130, Gulfstream, E-3/etc, or C-141 background then things are different on those planes I presume?

Also; civilian pilot. Just General Aviation, nothing special.

Didn't mean to offend you so badly. Not sure why you took such a comment personally.
If it was the "retard" word (which I tend to use quite liberally) it has been removed. I'll be more cautious in the future I suppose.
Wait, no, I won't. Free speech and such. Eat it.

I feel my comment about the booths was justified. There were quite a few I stopped by that couldn't answer basic questions about diving there, and were just trying to push flyers and ticket sales on me.
Also, I am against the very idea of transforming pristine sanctuaries, reefs, islands, et cetera into trashed-out tourist thoroughfares.

If I want to find places to go I will do so online.

All that being said, thank you for your past service. I'm assuming from your screename that you are a retired engineer.

Surface Interval: So far the shirts have been awesome! I've received many many comments (all either positive or inquisitive) while wearing them out and about. Glad I went with the smaller size. They fit me perfectly.

Make some more light-colored shirts, please! I need more summer wear! :D

Lastly, I have to apologize for the late reply; I was deployed after BTS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom