Baltimore/DC Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great show. Stopped by the SB booth and said hi to mselenaous. Liked the talk given by Dan Orr from DAN. Photography lecture Ty Sawyer delivered was informative, but way out of my league... Something about a histogram.

I Wish there had been more manufacturers/gear sellers there with some new toys to lust over. The booths were a bit weighted toward dive trip organizers.

However it may have seemed to you folks staffing the booths, from this diver's pov it was quite a success and definitely worth the 3 hour drive up from the shore.

Honorable mention goes to surprise entrant Sea Shepherd for their continued efforts in creating the definitive guide for how-not-to-do-it; hilariously bad seamanship edition.

Great show! My family and I had a great time. The walk was a little chilly from the parking garage but it is January. Great to meet you SurfaceInterval!! Will be placing an order shortly!! Especially good to meet NetDoc, thanks again for such a great forum!!! I agree with OCBeachbum, would have liked to see more manufactures, gadgets and toys to drool over. I met the owner of Wreck Diving magazine. Joe is a great guy, looks like I'll have another magazine subscription.
I've been to a few different trade shows throughout the years. One thing that stood out was that- and it may be partially due to the economy- was that I actually got to meet business owners instead of salesman. One more thank you to John of Divers Dlyte.
Only downside to the show- it was in January. Of course we all know this is the industry's down time here in Md, but the Baltimore seafood - especially the crabs - are best in the summer!!!!

Thanks again to all the vendors for a great show!!!

This is a growing show only in its 3rd year from what I understand. If you would like larger, come to Beneath The Seal in Jersey toward the end of March. Significantly larger. I thought this year in Baltimore was great.

Thanks to Brad Nolan and the Dive Chronicles crew for a great show. Contrary to previous notion, Brad does have parents who are superduper even if Mom is a rabid Packer's fan.

The venue was a great choice and there were a lot of participants, who refused to let a little snow keep them from attending. There was much to see. Loved meeting so many of the business owners. But best part was meeting all the SB posters, putting names with faces. After show social time wa good for a few giggles.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Great show. Stopped by the SB booth and said hi to mselenaous. Liked the talk given by Dan Orr from DAN. Photography lecture Ty Sawyer delivered was informative, but way out of my league... Something about a histogram.

I Wish there had been more manufacturers/gear sellers there with some new toys to lust over. The booths were a bit weighted toward dive trip organizers.

However it may have seemed to you folks staffing the booths, from this diver's pov it was quite a success and definitely worth the 3 hour drive up from the shore.

Honorable mention goes to surprise entrant Sea Shepherd for their continued efforts in creating the definitive guide for how-not-to-do-it; hilariously bad seamanship edition.
I agree with you on the booths thing, everyone was trying to get me to go to their tourist trap resort.
The Surface Interval booth was SWEET, I spent nearly $100 there alone.
Also dropped a bit too much money at the DAN booth... new oxygen pack system!

I don't agree with you on the Sea Shepherd thing [I am biased however, being that I am one of them], but that belongs in another thread anyways.

As for the histogram question [was that you asking about it at the lecture?], here you go - one of the best links out there for understanding and using the histogram:
How to Use Histograms
Let me know what you think, I have a few more links if that one is not clear enough.

Overall the dive show was pretty rad! The 2.5-hour drive [the train cost more than the drive down... **** that!] was worth it.
Baltimore Aquarium was incredible, all politics aside. I would love to dive there. The submarine was neat too.

Never did get to go to the top of the trade center, due to time restrictions. Maybe next time!

Conclusion: Baltimore is a kickass city, the roads blow, the food is good, and dive shows are fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there in the morning to early afternoon. I thought it was a pretty good turnout. I'm glad I got to meet other Scubaboard members.

It was nice to meet Netdoc and Mselenaous. We had a good time, the hotel pool was GREAT! Had fun at the aquarium, we had gone to the aquarium talk before we went and that made it nice to pick out who was who in the tanks. Dan Orrs talk was very good with a since of humor thrown in. My daughter was laughting pretty hard at his talk. It was nice to look around Baltimore again. As usual, I got us lost trying to find things around there. We did not get breakfast as I turned the wrong way out of the hotel. Just part of the course.

I agree with you on the booths thing, everyone was trying to get me to go to their retarded tourist trap resort.
The Surface Interval booth was SWEET, I spent nearly $100 there alone.

Overall the dive show was pretty rad! The 2.5-hour drive [the train cost more than the drive down... **** that!] was worth it.
Baltimore Aquarium was incredible, all politics aside. I would love to dive there. The submarine was neat too.

Never did get to go to the top of the trade center, due to time restrictions. Maybe next time!

Conclusion: Baltimore is a kickass city, the roads blow, the food is good, and dive shows are fun.

YAY! I'm so glad you are happy :)

In my dive show experience, there will ALWAYS be more travel booths than anything. This is how they reach you best. Sometimes you just have to know where you would like to go and visit that "area" booth.

The train for me was called a "light rail," wish I hadn't translated that into "monorail..." might have saved me some trouble.

It was very cold, but today in Texas it's way colder!

And from an exhibitor's point of view, the PEOPLE behind the setup of this show couldn't be better! Visitors don't (or may not) really get to see that, but Brad and crew work hard to help bring this show to you and without their help for us, I'm not sure there would be as many smiling people. I think these shows can only continue to grow.

And even with the crazy "adventure" I had in Baltimore, I would come back again to be there for you guys next year. ...hopefully with my booth/display... LOL!

Back
Top Bottom