Baltimore/DC Dive Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do ya'll need:
an assistant driver?
someone to work the booth?
a tour guide for Baltimore?
Thanks for the offer. Sounds like fun. Don't know what's on the agenda, but definitely come hang @ SB booth, maybe break bread/grab a brew. PM me your contact #.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Wish it warmer faster please :)

Driving up Wed to get in some local touristing on Thurs.

Jar see you at the SB booth

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

See you folks there. So you know who to look for:

163492_10150169407653858_668118857_8710635_1610710_n.jpg

I've never been to Baltimore before - what other awesome stuff is there to do there [besides the show]? I've heard something about an aquarium? Any parties?

Also I might not be able to make it... I have just been informed that I am to be flying a sortie from this Wednesday to Friday night, and knowing my squadron... it will probably run over [!!!]. Bahhhhh.... we shall see!

If I can't make it out, hopefully someone will be awesome enough to post plenty of pics. If I can make it out, then I will be said person posting pics...

The Aquarium is a must see, gets crowded though, so they set times to allow groups in 1 at a time. Not as bad as it sounds.
When we went we bought tickets in advance for the time we wanted to be there.
The Zoo is also very nice.
They also have an inside food court that is awesome,the Lexington Market,also found that Frank & Nics was real good, but everywhere I ate was very good.
As far as parties we were there for a Red Sox/ Oriole game & the party was everywhere. We also were there for the Cirque du Soleil show & same thing, parties everywhere.
But like every big city watch your surroundings & be aware not to end up in the wrong section of town. I never had any problems.

The Aquarium is a must see, gets crowded though, so they set times to allow groups in 1 at a time. Not as bad as it sounds.

I love the Aquarium!

It is 4 blocks South of where the Convention Center on Pratt St. Totally doable walk.

In fact you can see the volunteer divers doing their thing at 10:30am in the Ray Tray, 11:30am in the Atlantic Coral Reef, 2:30pm in the Ray Tray, and finally at 3:15pm in the Atlantic Coral Reef.

You can also talk to Aquarium Divers at the both right next to ScubaBoard!

If you would like to find out how to become one of those divers on the other side of the glass, go to:

Certified Divers

:D

Diving at the aquarium during the show has been booked for over a month if anyone is interested. Too late.

I've never been to Baltimore before - what other awesome stuff is there to do there [besides the show]? I've heard something about an aquarium? Any parties?

Also I might not be able to make it... I have just been informed that I am to be flying a sortie from this Wednesday to Friday night, and knowing my squadron... it will probably run over [!!!]. Bahhhhh.... we shall see!

If I can't make it out, hopefully someone will be awesome enough to post plenty of pics. If I can make it out, then I will be said person posting pics...

As others have said, aquarium is a lot of fun. Buy tickets ahead of time, online. Not far is little Italy=good food, science center in the inner harbor. There used to be a few night clubs right in the area. As others have said, just use common sense and pay attention. We used to live not far from there, we always parked off the beaten path and walked around both day and night, and never had any problems. But I knew what I was getting into, as I spent a week in the inner city, visiting the needle exchange program and all the other fine areas for college. Phillips Seafood is right in the area, at least they used to be, good crabcake sandwhichs. Hooters right there at inner harbor. I plan on just parking at the hotel and walking everywhere to avoid parking issues.

If folks are willing to get out of the Inner Harbor, there are a lot of great eating options...

The Helmand on Charles St. in Mt. Vernon is Afgan.

Matthews Pizza on Eastern in Highlandtown serves an amazing pizza. I personally recommend the Crabcake Pizza.

Ze Mean Bean on Fleet Street in Fells point has an Eastern European thing going for it.

Helens Garden on the Canton Square.

Ms. Shirley's in the Inner Harbor on Pratt Street just South of the Aquarium.

Sasha's on Charles in Mt. Vernon.

The Ambassador just off of Charles adjacent to the Hopkins Campus is an awesome Indian place.

Tons of great places to eat all over the City, but not so much in the Inner Harbor. A lot of chains in the Inner Harbor.

Good news everyone! [cue Professor Farnsworth's voice]

Just found out that due to the storm, my flights have been canceled. This is the first time I've been happy NOT to go fly a mission, oddly enough. But I have this vibe that the Dive Show will be absolutely incredible, so I'm super excited. I'll be driving there either Friday night [have to find somewhere to stay, and I don't do hotels... might be screwed there.] or Saturday morning.

Checking out the aquarium site now... looks pretty awesome!

Also found a youth hostel downtown, nearby.... thinking of taking the train down Friday, and forgetting about the car!

I'll make sure to stop by the scubaboard booth sometime, to hang out/etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom