Banana drama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First ignorance is a costly commodity! God and religion are not the same thing, ask a Maison! Or even an AA member, maybe a captain one of those banana fearing ones! If you know how to read you would understand my comment and it had nothing to do with my beliefs at all, I suggest a little re-reading and comprehension! This isn't about my beliefs but my liberty from tricky potatoes! It is about another brick in the wall and it being 2008 not 1008! It is about fairness and windmills! It is about excepting my right to enjoy a banana with my tea! And she proved in her post that woman on boats are bad luck! So what next? Maybe some more digs more superstition or should we give thanks to Mother Earth for providing such a fruit as to provide its own carrying case that opens so easy and the contents taste so good! No bananas are bad luck, because that dumb ass superstitious Yellow neck captain won't get my business! So he can go by more potatoes! I bet every bad luck boat had potatoes on them! Those bags of chips will kill you! :shakehead::popcorn:

BTW I see for some you can waste your time on important things like bananas, but not on women!

First ignorance is a costly commodity!

BTW I see for some you can waste your time on important things like bananas, but not on women!

I agree that ignorance is costly. Pot, meet kettle.

Regarding your last comment, since you keep on beating this dead horse, is it safe to say you play for the other team?

First ignorance is a costly commodity! God and religion are not the same thing, ask a Maison! Or even an AA member, maybe a captain one of those banana fearing ones! If you know how to read you would understand my comment and it had nothing to do with my beliefs at all, I suggest a little re-reading and comprehension! This isn't about my beliefs but my liberty from tricky potatoes! It is about another brick in the wall and it being 2008 not 1008! It is about fairness and windmills! It is about excepting my right to enjoy a banana with my tea! And she proved in her post that woman on boats are bad luck! So what next? Maybe some more digs more superstition or should we give thanks to Mother Earth for providing such a fruit as to provide its own carrying case that opens so easy and the contents taste so good! No bananas are bad luck, because that dumb ass superstitious Yellow neck captain won't get my business! So he can go by more potatoes! I bet every bad luck boat had potatoes on them! Those bags of chips will kill you! :shakehead::popcorn:

its Mason you twit. Maison is french for house.

pb

the superstition of [something ridiculous] in three days is no weirder than [something else ridiculous]. to each his own, when in rome etc etc

True, but "Jesus" isn't typically part of the safety plan, and the captain doesn't normally force everyone on the boat to practice his religious beliefs.

I personally would prefer my captain's to abide by the safety protocols as they exist today, rather than how that existed in the 16th century. That said, if the captain practices "banana safety" as part of his tradition, and he's polite about it, I would play along. But if he thinks it's important enough that he's willing to cause drama over it, I would have so many questions about his judgment that I probably wouldn't set sail with him again.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be Mumbo Jumbo God of the Congo!

Sheesh, aren't you gonna be upset on judgement day. I bet you get et!

:devil::blessing:

when I have my own boat; I'll throw any jacket BCD overboard :D

Jesus never cursed bananas! There are no atheists on sinking ships and for those stranded a banana would look pretty good! So give me a banana, a woman, and a sturdy craft and I will take my chances, just like I do on the road everyday after eating potatoes! :popcorn:

Has anyone ever heard that it is bad luck to have a hanger on a boat, as in like a coat hanger? My dive captain goes nuts when ever anyone tries to bring one on the boat to dry their wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom