Bangkok to Phuket in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DonPropinas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone give me advice on how to get air from Bangkok to Phuket in late October. In the past I was able to log in to Nok Air and get flights 90 days out. Looking on the net it seems they have suspended operations to Phuket. I also saw that 0ne-two-Go was grounded for 30 days and is not flying to Phuket. I really don't want to use Asia Air again since I wasn't very happy the last time I flew with them and Royal Thai is very expensive unless I lose a day in Bagkok. Best case for me are early morning Saturday flights. Are there any other options? Does Nok or One-Two-Go after they sort out their safety issues have plans to start flying again during the high season?

I think Nok is flying again in the weekends.

Nok did not have a safety issue, their decision was purely financial, 1-2 Go did have safety issues plus financial issues, I would not recommend them to be honest.

You could also check Bangkok Air, but their prices are quite similar to Thai.

As Steve says, Nok are flying again but only one flight each way per day on Saturday and Sunday only. This is for August and may change at any point, afterall they've changed their minds twice in the space of a week so far this month.

Bangkok Air similar to Thai in both price and availability.

Air Asia still banging the flights through. I obviously don't know your issue with Air Asia, but apart from charging extra baggage for anything heavier than a t-shirt and pair of y-fronts I've never really had any issue. They're a budget airline and you get what you pay for....trip from A to B no frills (and at some great prices if you book early), and they usually run close to on time. And they have pretty air hostesses....most of the time.

Our first trip to Phuket was with Asia Air during the opening of the new airport in Bangkok. We had the first flight booked at about 7:30 am. AA cancelled our flight and the next two flights When we finally boarded the afternoon flight after sitting in the new airport for 9 hours, we boarded a half full flight. We always felt that they cancelled due to low numbers of passengers rather than had any sort of mechanical or weather problems. I guess I would have been OK with that, but they would never tell us the plan. We just had to keep showing up every 2 hours to get seats, only to have the flight cancelled. They did give us a voucher for the Burger King though. Unfortunately it didn't open for another month. Maybe, part of the frustration was due to the new airport. We arrived on the third day it was "open" Almost nothing was in operation. On the return from Phuket, the same thing happened. We were delayed until after lunch. This time we did get a sandwich. All that being said we are most likely to book with them again after doing a price and schedule comparision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom