Banner day in Hatteras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well we braved the rough conditions called for in the seas today & were pleasantly surprised with it being a bit swelly but not all that bad, so we decide to push out to the Dixie Arrow & I was glad to report to the 4 divers that went out with us 70+ ft of vis with bottom temps near 80.

A great dive was had by all with more Rays than I have ever seen on the Arrow before, plus of course the Sharks were there. A large Turtle came to pay a visit also. 1 big Pompano swam right up to me, it was just lucky I wasn't John with his spear gun.

The seas were picking up so we went inshore to the Keshena. At least 40 ft of vis, no sharks which isn't unusual but was a nice dive.

When I went to untie & the only diver left on the bottom, David on his Optima & low & behold there was a huge Sandtiger swimming with him. The other divers bubbles must have kept it away & sure enough once I hit the bottom it made an exit stage right.
But still a great way to end a fine day of diving.

So if any of you where thinking of coming down this weekend conditions are great.

Hey Andy how was Rawlings today. LOL See any Master Quarry divers there? Aside from you of course.

Good to see you posting again Bobby. Thanks for the report. We are heading down next weekend for a couple of days in Morehead and really looking forward to some great diving there as well.

Hey Andy how was Rawlings today. LOL See any Master Quarry divers there? Aside from you of course.

:poke: .......... :rofl3:

Good thing Andy is diving at the quarry with the rest of the master quarry divers, conditions were a bit to much today for those kind and him. :rofl3:

Good to know someone made it out this weekend. I was down in KDH this weekend and called Bill at OBX dive to try to get a spot on the boat only to find out he was keeping it in the marina :(. I was really getting bored of being one of those Master quarry divers!!

Hey Rad.....I PM'ed you.....I think you passed me on the way down there.

Should have called JT we had a spot open on Sunday. You get to stay on board for free the night before diving with us.

I PM'ed you back. yea that was me.

HOOOO YAAAAAA!!!!

I'm now certified as a "Master Quarry Diver"!!!

Next cert - Advanced Hypoxic Trimix Quarry Expedition Diver! After all, I've been narced at 60 FT! :dork2:
Ya know, you just never know who you will run into at a quarry. There I was, putting my fins on at the dock when I turned and both of us saw each other at the same time. It went something like this:

Andy!

Mike!

Unh.. I won't tell anyone you're here if you don't tell anyone I'm here?

Ah, OK!

Cool!

See ya on the next trip brother..

Hey, man, you too!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom