Bar vs Psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well when Im in the UK or abroad to dive I am going to study-up to speak the language. Learning all the time is very refreshing!

P.S. I even recite the alphabet backwards now because of a boring long commute. Force your brain to think outside the box, its a good thing.

mnj1233:
Well when Im in the UK or .........I am going to study-up to speak the language.
:rofl: Maybe you should...we speak English there! :wink:

(just kidding! :D )

dougaldiver:
Yep dive in bar and metres but still drink pints and measure distance in miles (have to buy fuel in litres but still talk about miles per gallon when it comes to fuel economy)

Ah well, best not to rush into these things

Im so glad theres someone else using the hybrid units like me !

I do my body weight in stone but diving weight in KG too.

I just filled my car up at a cost of 93p per litre knowing i can do about 60 miles per gallon......

String:

I just filled my car up at a cost of 93p per litre knowing i can do about 60 miles per gallon......

60 mpg are you serious??? Im lucky to get 16.

String:

I do small measurments in feet and inches, even smaller measurments in cm and mm. Volumes in litres and gallons, drinking in pints, distances in miles, depths and heights in meters and speed in mph. damn my kids are gona have a hard time learning metric...

UK not US gallon so its about 50-55 miles per US gallon on the same scale.

Efficiency is important here - dont forget we pay the equivalent of over $6.50 per gallon for our fuel here.

I was stunned when i was in the USA in june/july this year how absolutely enourmous and incredibly inefficient the cars were. A car for a family of 4 the size of a small tank with a ludicrously powerful engine that at best managed 20-22 miles per gallon. Laughable.

My 2l engine diesel estate car will get the above mileage with 2 people and 2 full sets of dive gear on a long journey fairly reliably, possibly more except im not renound for efficient or speed limit driving.....

Kagh't:
I do small measurments in feet and inches, even smaller measurments in cm and mm. Volumes in litres and gallons, drinking in pints, distances in miles, depths and heights in meters and speed in mph. damn my kids are gona have a hard time learning metric...

My other problem with units is studying physics and sciences at school and university level. So in physics i used to get answers giving me speeds in meters per second THEN i had to convert to miles per hour to get a "feel" for how fast that was and whether it was a sensible answer.

Altitudes i do in feet, depths in meters.

The UK is generally messed up, a horrible imperial/metric hybrid and i suspect that way until everyone currently over the age of 25 dies off!

String:
My other problem with units is studying physics and sciences at school and university level. So in physics i used to get answers giving me speeds in meters per second THEN i had to convert to miles per hour to get a "feel" for how fast that was and whether it was a sensible answer.

The UK is generally messed up, a horrible imperial/metric hybrid and i suspect that way until everyone currently over the age of 25 dies off!

If i calculate correctly, our great grandkids will be fully metric, as my kids certainly won't be, i'll corrupt my grandchildren with imperial, and if my great grandchildren teachers are lucky, i'll have died off before i can damage their metric minds too...

I get you on the converting to mph, kph means absoloutly nothing to me. I can understand that 3kp is slow, and 300 is fast, but thats about it. 3mph or 300mph, now theres a different story.

And of course there are kilofeet and milliquarts. Well, maybe not yet . . .

String:
UK not US gallon so its about 50-55 miles per US gallon on the same scale.

Efficiency is important here - dont forget we pay the equivalent of over $6.50 per gallon for our fuel here.

I was stunned when i was in the USA in june/july this year how absolutely enourmous and incredibly inefficient the cars were. A car for a family of 4 the size of a small tank with a ludicrously powerful engine that at best managed 20-22 miles per gallon. Laughable.

My 2l engine diesel estate car will get the above mileage with 2 people and 2 full sets of dive gear on a long journey fairly reliably, possibly more except im not renound for efficient or speed limit driving.....
Maybe if everyone switched to cars like yours there wouldn't be a need to dig up the national parks in the arctic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom