Barbados Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a time share. Every year I look at what's available at various resorts and book something based on that. This year Barbados came up so I jumped on it. I did compare prices and compared to my annual fees for the time share I'm coming out way ahead for the resort we booked. Nice thing about the time share is we get a kitchen with it and will have breakfast and lunch and about half the dinners in. We go on vacation to relax on the beach and explore, not to visit overpriced restaurants.

Barbados is one of my fav's. I actually did my Rescue Course there least year. I think it is enormously underrated. Fabulous reefs, lots of sealife (biggest turtles I've ever seen), and a great wreck (Stavronikita)

I've never had a bad dive in Barbados. Admittedly I'm biased and lack meaningful comparisons.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 02:33 PM ----------

Living in NC I really wouldnt waste time with the Stav.

The reason is....it is pretty deep and the depth time is low and currents can really be wailing down there. I know all that because I have dove the Stav and did find it a waste of time..... CONSIDERING....all the wrecks we have here in NC.

I would recommend...for better depth time.....the PAMIR and other locations. Still saving for my next trip.

I've never dove the Pamir but I agree the Stav is too deep hence why I never did it again. At a max of 120' it isn't worth it on a AL80. The best bet is to hover above it at around 80' for some meaningful dive time. Now if I was tech trained with a competent buddy I'd gladly do the stav again.

Back
Top Bottom