Barcelona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gepdiv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Divers
Does any one have any info on diving in or around Barcelona Spain
I have been diving in Marbella and I figure the conditions the same.
I would like to know of any dive sites, or shops in the area.

Hi . I havent been there yet personally because I am still doing my open water course. Estartit Medes island, check it out, is Costa Brava area it may take cca 1 hour 30 driving from Barcelona. good luck with searching

It looks like I'll be in Barcelona Spain in two weeks!
My daughter just got certified and it would be a blast to go diving with her in the med!!

I have several questions:
First I've seen this statement on Spain's dive shops websites:
"For boat or beach dives, please present your current certificate, diving insurance and R.C. (we can provide this if you don´t have it) and valid medical certificate"

They appear to sell dive insurance for ~$10/day at the shops, but what is R.C.??
Also what is a "Valid Medical Certificate"?

Also typically how cold is the Med water in July near Barcelona?

Lastly (we will have a car) are there any dive sites/shops that are highly recommended?

We will be leaving our other 3 family members in the city to sight-see while we dive, so this is only a ONE day trip opportunity (out of Barcelona the morning and back at night).

Hi
I gotback several weeks ago,what I learned was the costa brava was the place to be. We did not have a car , so I did not get to dive , probabley more that I did not do my homework. Usually when I go over seas Im better prepared . got home and went to north Carolina for weekend of diving with the club

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom