Bare drysuit boots to fusion drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nibl

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fit Bare heavy duty or Bare tech drysuit boots to a fusion drysuit?

Has anyone tried to fit Bare heavy duty or Bare tech drysuit boots to a fusion drysuit?

From the product description of the Bare Heavy Duty Drysuit Boots (4mm), it states they can be sued on any type of drysuit that will accept a neoprene sealing surface.

The Fusion drysuits have a fabric sock made from the same material as the suit attached to the leg. This type of drysuit only needs an over-boot instead of a glued on boot.

It looks like the Bare heavy duty boots can be worn as an over-boot but they may need to be modified to allow drainage.

The Bare Tech boots look like they are designed as a slip on over-boot type of boot. These are much more similar to Aqualung's Fusion Boots except the Bare boots are 3mm neoprene and the Aqualung boots are fabric.

The Aqualung fusion boots have a ring of velcro on them to integrate them with the velcro on the ankle cuff of the neoprene over-skin. The fusion boots also come with a plastic insert that goes into the sock of the drysuit to facilitate insterting/lining up the sock in the boot and to help lock the sock in place for a semi-permanent mount of the fusion boots.

I have the fusion boots and am very happy with them. I did however put a set of insoles from my hiking boots in them to provide some arch support to make them more comfortable to walk/stand in. I hang my suit from one of those ankle hangers and I have not had any issues with the velcro at the cuff coming undone.

-Z

I want to replace the "socks" with boots.

The original designer/manufacturer, @Whitesdiving, used to have a presence on ScubaBoard. Perhaps you can track them down. Or give Aqualung a shout, they were pretty responsive to my questions when I first bought my fusion: Support@aqualung.com.

DRIS might be able to help as well: 815 267 8400

-Z

You’re going to have to contact someone who does drysuit repairs. Try DRIS. I was present on Saturday at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival in Ann Arbor when someone was talking with Mike the owner about this very thing. He said they’ve done it for some people.

Back
Top Bottom