BARE HDC Tech Dry Review - The Drysuit From Hell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was interested in the HDC but now have some reservations with some HDC suits manufactured in 2015. It's great for manufactures to repeatedly repair/fix/repair suits but that seems extreme. This issues in other trades are called lemons...I can't speak for the folks effected by this situation, but it seems like time and attention away from their primary role is key and has not been factored into the laborious and lengthy repair process.

Very curious: So in the end, what is the final resolution??!! Any recommendations??!!

In my case I haven't had any problems since the repair. I've come out totally dry (except for two dives where a small amount of water got in through my wrist when I flexed the tendons too much). It's been exactly what I had hoped a drysuit would be. I'd have to go check my log but I think I've only put 25 dives or so on the suit so far (since repair).

I don't personally know anyone else with the HDC Tech Expedition so I only know about the one suit that I own.

I've finally started using mine. It's my first drysuit and I love it already. Only about 5 dives but I've come out completely dry every time and nice and toasty warm. Plus the arm vent is in a great spot, super easy to vent air while in trim.

Mine is also still doing fine. On my last dive (45 degree water) I had a slight neck leak but I believe my undergarment neck is too tall. I didn't know it leaked until I got dressed.

Quite a few dives in it now and loving it! Zero issues at all. Super easy to don and doff and plenty of space inside for thick undergarments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom