Apeks termiQ dry or Seaskin Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CapGH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

Currenlty i own a procean drysuite which is a bit to small. About two months ago while browsing at Diveinn, I seized the opportunity to purchase the Apeks TermiQ drysuit at a discounted price of 1350 euros, which I found reasonable given its features. Although the suit was slightly baggy on the arms, I was otherwise impressed and opted to keep it.

However, my excitement was short-lived as just 10 minutes into my dive, my arm was wet and cold. So, I initiated the return process with the seller, leading to a tedious 5-week ordeal to send the suit back to Apeks and eventually receive a refund without any comunication from there side.

My decision to purchase the suit also motivated by an upcoming trip to the Red Sea in early March, where I hoped to avoid the discomfort I experienced with my 5mm suit previously (I was shivering after 20 minutes).

I am currently deliberating whether to give the Apeks suit another chance or opt for a SeaSkin custom suit. Knowing this means i will have to go for the 5mm again in egypt. Both suits are comparable in price, and I perceive their features to be on par, although with seaskin i could add a P-valve for the same money.

My primary concern with repurchasing from Diveinn is their abysmal customer service and protracted waiting times, which I found frustrating in my previous experience.

I know there is a big fan group of the seaskin suit's on this forum. But i am interested in your thoughts?

The Seaskin will fit right and the price is right but you won’t have it in time for the trip.

Did you try to find the leak before you returned the APEKS?

Hello all,

Currenlty i own a procean drysuite which is a bit to small. About two months ago while browsing at Diveinn, I seized the opportunity to purchase the Apeks TermiQ drysuit at a discounted price of 1350 euros, which I found reasonable given its features. Although the suit was slightly baggy on the arms, I was otherwise impressed and opted to keep it.

However, my excitement was short-lived as just 10 minutes into my dive, my arm was wet and cold. So, I initiated the return process with the seller, leading to a tedious 5-week ordeal to send the suit back to Apeks and eventually receive a refund without any comunication from there side.

My decision to purchase the suit also motivated by an upcoming trip to the Red Sea in early March, where I hoped to avoid the discomfort I experienced with my 5mm suit previously (I was shivering after 20 minutes).

I am currently deliberating whether to give the Apeks suit another chance or opt for a SeaSkin custom suit. Knowing this means i will have to go for the 5mm again in egypt. Both suits are comparable in price, and I perceive their features to be on par, although with seaskin i could add a P-valve for the same money.

My primary concern with repurchasing from Diveinn is their abysmal customer service and protracted waiting times, which I found frustrating in my previous experience.

I know there is a big fan group of the seaskin suit's on this forum. But i am interested in your thoughts?
It is not fair to compare a off-the-rack suit with a bespoke suit

The negative with the SeaSkin is the wait for it to be made. Unless you are in an absolute gotta have it now situation, SeaSoft is a no-brainer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom