Bare reactive 7mm vs scuba pro everflex 7/5mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for the warmest wetsuit: bare reactive 7mm vs scuba pro everflex 7/5mm. I know this has been asked before and some of the posts were helpful in narrowing it down to these two but I don't have access to either of these and need to buy online so any input is very much appreciated.

I live in Australia and get cold very very easily. I currently use a large 5mm Probe iDry and am cold on my first dive even with a hood, a frogskin vest, and a sharkskin vest in 23c (74f) water. The problem is compounded the deeper I go (to 30m or 100feet) as i suspect this wetsuit compresses easily. This wetsuit fits like a glove so I suppose fit is not everything. I also hate wearing a hood if I don't have to as it restricts my ability to turn my head so I would like to get the warmest suit possible

The difference in price between the two is negligible. I believe I would be an ML in the bare or a L or LS in the scuba pro. Im 5'11" or 180cm and 85kg or 185lbs with an athletic build.

Which suit will be warmer and which suit will be warmer at depth? Mobility is of far less importance and durability is of little importance.

Thank you for any help

I find my Bare 5mm comparable to my SP 7/5 in warmth. I'd assume the Bare 7mm would be warmer.

I can't imagine a 7mm wouldn't be warmer than a 7/5. Also, I get hating hoods, but consider a neoprene cap or something for your head; you lose a lot of heat that way. I tried on a hooded vest in the shop once and hated it, but I love my separate hood that I just tuck into my wetsuit; I don't feel it restricts my head movement.

Bare or a semi dry such as the AquaLung SolaFlex

Went with the bare. it is night and day better than my old suit. I have also purchased one of those scuba pro beanies. So hopefully that will help keep me warm while still giving me a full range of motion.

Thank you for all the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom