bare trilam hd tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiver4

Reaction score
my ? is i bought this suit it seens to fit it a MLS which like i say seems to fit but i cant get out of the suit or is it like that its a front entry so you should be able to get out of it easy right ?:confused:

deepdiver4:
my ? is i bought this suit it seens to fit it a MLS which like i say seems to fit but i cant get out of the suit or is it like that its a front entry so you should be able to get out of it easy right ?:confused:

My bare xcd2 suit that I used to have was a little cumbersome to doff after a dive. And I had a suit that by their sizing charts would fit me perfectly. That's one thing that I didn't like about the suit.

I have a Bare trilam ATR with the front entry as well. It fits great, but I do find getting out of it requires a bit if a "Houdini" move. Pull the neck over your head, then get your right hand out of the latex seal of the right sleeve, then reach behind you with your left hand and grab the right cuff(now with your right hand out of it) and then pull the right sleave to get your right shoulder free. After that it's a piece of cake:D I suppose it would be a lot easier if the suit were oversized a bit, but then you'd have other trim issues due to the baginess. I'll stick with the Houdini thing, it entertains the spectators as well :wink:

Dave

A big group of us have the ATR HD's as well...we call it the "love tussle".

I've had to do the same 'love tussle' with my XCD2. Make sure you get the zipper fully open (I mean every last zipper tooth) and then wiggle away.

Don't wiggle too hard though... I tore my zipper at the base when I first got mine. If you need help, ask for it. It gets easier with practice though, and in my experience easier still with dieting.

Pull the neck over your head, then get your right hand out of the latex seal of the right sleeve, then reach behind you with your left hand and grab the right cuff(now with your right hand out of it) and then pull the right sleave to get your right shoulder free

...all while bunny hopping to the port-a-potie for those of us w/o a pee valve :14:

LOL, I tore a cuff trying to get out of it in a big hurry, due to a lack of a pee valve.

Funny...I have a Bare Trilam ATR, and have had the same problem. And I had thought it was just me! I've found that it is easier to get out of after getting ~20 dives on it. I love the suit except for this problem!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom