Bare Velocity 5/4 fullsuit.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbm

Contributor
Reaction score
Just booked onto a Blackbeards in mid March. This will be my first dedicated dive live-a-board so I am not terribly knowledgeable when it comes to exposure protection for repetetive diving in warm waters. Looking to this forum for any advise, suggestions, opinions, etc.

My LDS (and i prefer to purchase locally,) carries the Bare line. I am relatively familiar with the Bare cold water products as I dive Bare 7mm wet and am purchasing a Bare trilam ATR HD dry for cold water work. But I am at a loss when it comes to their warm water line up.

I am leaning towards the Bare Velocity 5/4 Fullsuit for the Blackbeards trip. I am assuming this will be more than enough exposure protection for 3 or 4 dives a day in Bahamian waters in March. Or should I look at something lighter? Would appreciate any advise board members could offer.

Also, any feedback (good or bad) concerning this particular suit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance; jbm

i myself am leaning towards a Bare Velocity 5/4 for winter diving here in South Florida (72 deg coldest)

currently ive been using a 3/2 with a 3mm shorty and 6.5 mm hood
i figure a 1 peice 5mm would be alot easier to put on and less restricting

i like that this suit comes in a wide variety of sizes with a chart comparing measurements. porportionally my limbs are short and im barrel chested, so i usually end up with alot of slack in the limbs

i have yet to try one on in the store
a local retailer is selling them here for $179

any feedback is most appreciated

I was looking at one as well for some diving in Cyprus in April with water temperatures around 17 celcius. I haven't had the chance to try one on yet as there are very few distributors anywhere near me in England but before I go to Cyprus, I am going back to Winnipeg for a couple of weeks and I was going to try one on at my local LDS.

I figured it was a good suit to purchase as if I do decide to do some more cold water diving, I can always supplement it with a 2-3mm vest.

I use my BARE 4/5 for all my tropical diving, Caribbean and Indo Pacific. It is very good for all temperature ranges that I run into and as I am taking photos and not moving around much I appreciate the heavier and warmer suit over all the 3mm full suits that I had before. With a 3mm suit I carried a vest and hood, with the 4/5 I don't carry either anymore. I also like BARE's fit.

Back
Top Bottom