barracuda attack august 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last day of the year on Palancar Bricks......

Fortunately we parted without incident

IMG_2500a.jpg

Personally, I think it would be inovative for Scubaboard to establish a sub-heading under "Accidents & Incidents" titled " "Animal attacks/incidents". In one way this would be a first...it would establish a worldwide place for barracuda attacks (and others to be posted as a central repository) My research has shown that there is no central repository for barracuda attack information ( such as the International shark attack files). It would also let viewers worldwide find this important information in a single place instead of having it scattered in a fragmented manner all over Scubaboard. (Thanks in advance, Scubaboard)

I totally agree!!

Yep, they are sneaky bastards. Opportunists. I've been diving our pipeline for the hatchery doing checking and maintenance. I always take a speargun with me…..you know, just in case….:D. I've been in the process of taking a snapper off the spear shaft and had barracuda come streaking by snapping their jaws. Within a couple feet of my hand….

Yeah man, if one caught your wrist…you could be in trouble. But that's murky water and they were going for what they thought was an easy meal. Once they saw me they veer off.

I've had three of four trailing me as I swim but pipe. All it takes is to kill one (yes, I eat them), and the others kind of bug out. They won't let me get close again.

Old thread resurrected a few times i see. I'm happy to report that the one time i was attacked by a barracuda, it bit on my fin tip. Wouldn't let go no matter how I shook my leg. My group all flooded their masks laughing in merriment. I was sort of laughing too because fortunately, it was only a little gaffer maybe a foot and a half long. He eventually detached and left. Phew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom