Barracuda Encounter - Will I be Dinner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully this barracuda survived the lionfish venom & start eating more of the lion fish.

I have seen other fish eat lion fish. I think they are learning how to do it. One I have seen usually seem to take them head first.

Hopefully this barracuda survived the lionfish venom & start eating more of the lion fish.

Or are we teaching them to expect "handouts" so they become sorely disappointed (& agressive) with the diver who shows up on the reef without anything . . . .

Or are we teaching them to expect "handouts" so they become sorely disappointed (& agressive) with the diver who shows up on the reef without anything . . . .

When diving off East end of Grand Cayman I saw the DMs spear several lionfish but they would then place them under coral or some such place so that when they would be found and eaten they would not be associated with divers.

Sometimes it's good to remember we divers are only visitors to Neptune's Garden...they live there...

If you are really worried about Barracuda then the first defensive weapon you need to procure is an expensive camera.

Once you have armed yourself with an awesome camera you will discover that Barracuda will never come close enough to get a good picture.

Just sayin..

I rolled off a boat at Sipadan Island into a school of them. Nothing bad happened except the photo was out of focus.

Back
Top Bottom