Barry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrabCake

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
cuda. Those of you that dive Big Pine Key know him. That big SOB (6 ft.) parked his butt under our dive boat. Nothing like coming 2 ft. from a snaggle toothed wonder to get the old heart racing. My first dive in salt water had Barry in it. I am so hooked on diving now. Our second day of diving included a 5 ft. barracuda just off our bow watching us as we back rolled into the water. I came within 2 ft. of this big SOB. Thankfully he was locked into my buddies white fins.:D My buddy has been diving for many years. We practiced buddy breathing-not sharing secondaries and different skills before we would get on the boat. After I got over the initial worry about weight and all the other BS-I had a blast. Swam with a sea turtle for a few minutes-Lurked with a 25-30 lb Grouper and had a blast with several snapper.
Later that day we saw a couple of Manatees. Good times.:wink:

Wait they come bigger ... alot bigger :) French Reef has big ones. For big grouper dive the City of Washington wreck from Key Largo you'll might find a 200lb plus grouper there and Joe's tug in Key West were Elvis hangs out another 200lb plus class grouper.

Congrats on the 1st salt water dives.

Back
Top Bottom