Basic Breathing Technique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Also its a good thing this thread as changed from a tangent to a secant.

In this thread, we have had a little human physiology, some gas physics, a little English grammar and syntax structure, followed up with a dash of trigonometry and geometry. This sure does seem like college finals weeks. Just goes to show you SB has the some of the most diverse members. :meeting:

~ME~

In this thread, we have had a little human physiology, some gas physics, a little English grammar and syntax structure, followed up with a dash of trigonometry and geometry. This sure does seem like college finals weeks. Just goes to show you SB has the some of the most diverse members. :meeting:

~ME~

Loving it. Remember the little sentence to remember the trig ratios: "Sally Can Tell Oscar Has a Harry Old Ass" LMOA

[Note -- I just wrote you need to be able to breathe in through your mouth and out through your nose -- NOT that you have to do that all the time!] X2
:wink:

~ME~
Tell me about it. there is one reason I haven't been in the water since the 25th of march and thats due to finals. once they are out of the way 25th of this month is the last one I'm going to be diving like mad before my summer classes start.

I find that sometimes students who have been told to exhale through their nose have an easier time with the no mask breathing; in part because they are exhaling through their nose, thus preventing water from entering it at least part of the time, and in part because the exhaust from the exhaled breath from the regulator is not present, therefore not pushing air and possibly water into their nose. Perhaps this instructor is preparing for future skills as he talks through the first session. YMMV, of course.

(i also note the grammar police failed to comment on a missed apostrophe. are we going to let that pass??)

kari

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom