BASIC point & shoot settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bw5then

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a nikon coolpix11 (point and shoot ) in an ikelite case. Will be going to Bonaire in June and was wondering about the internal settings in the camera.
I know I cant take any professional pics. just want to take the best pics i can with what i have. Do not have a strobe and will be mainly taking close up pics of small life. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
I have been doing plenty of reading but most articles i find are for better or more u/w specific cameras. This camera is just a basic point and shoot and the different settings are:
Focus Mode-Auto
Continuos Servo (C)
Face Priority AF
Single Servo AF
Scene Mode-Back Light
Beach/Snow
Close Up
Copy
Dusk/Dawn
Face Priority AF
Night Portrait
Party
Portrait
Sports
Sunset
Image Optimization-B&W
Cyanotype
Sephia
Standard
Vivid
White Balance-Auto
Cloudy
Daylight
Flourescent
Incandescent
White Balance Preset

Not the best camera in terms of your control of things underwater. No manual, shutter priority or aperture priority available. I'd try it on Scene mode:Sports (faster shutter speed), White balance:auto or cloudy, since you want close-ups and small subjects, set it for macro.

Thanks Larry, I'll give that a try. Wont be able to get a better camera till after my trip next month but, maybe i can get some decent pics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom