Basic questions on HOG regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that are curious, here's a complete set of pics of the HOG 2nd stages, complete with a few pics of the insides...

3090-2.jpg
3090-3.jpg

3090-4.jpg
3090-5.jpg

3090-6.jpg
3090-9.jpg

3090-8.jpg
3090-7.jpg

3090-10.jpg
3090-13.jpg

3090-11.jpg
3090-12.jpg

3090-14.jpg
3090-15.jpg

3090-16.jpg

I purchased a HOG reg to use as a backup. Couldn't pass on the great price. I attached it to my SP MK25 first stage with a new Miflex hose. My primary is a SP G250HP. Last month I was diving Cozumel and decided to give the new HOG a workout. I must say that it breaths extremely well even when I put it under load and at any depth (my max was 90 fsw). Without a doubt it even breaths better than my G250HP which has always had annual maintenance and is well taken care of. I'm considering making the HOG my primary, but because it breaths so well I also feel I should keep it available for OOA situations so the other diver is guaranteed an easy breather during their stressful moment. Heck, I might just buy a second HOG so everyone breaths easy. Thanks EDGE for putting together a really great reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom