Basic Things You Should Have On A Dive Boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Safety equipment has been covered well enough.
On my boat hauling myself and dive buddies I have a large tackle box with enough crap to fix almost anything that can happen to dive gear. I also always have a spare mask, x large fins, LP reg hose, LP inflator hose and HP hose on board. An equalizer whip can also save a dive if someone's air gets turned on accidently on the way out.

In answer to the person that recommends putting the boat in another name. You can still be sued and are liable if YOU do something unsafe and it injures someone. And there is a greater chance that you do something than the boat does something wrong.

av8er23:
when you guys say o2 you are refering to 100% o2 in a pony tank right?

Yup. If a diver comes up with certain problems, administering pure o2 while getting the diver to a hospital can help alot.

Decompression Sickness is the main one I can think of that pure o2 is a first aid treatment for..

when you guys say o2 you are refering to 100% o2 in a pony tank right?
I believe if it's medical grade oxygen it shouldn't be in like a regular pony tank. It should be a particular cylinder with like oxygen specific pins on the regulator. You can get them from DAN.

I clarify because I knew a guy that got a cylinder full of oxygen used to mix nitrox and used normal regs for it (and would breath off it after a pool session). Which is problematic for a number of reasons...

MrRoo:
Live in SoCal and my dads takes his boat to Catalina all the time and it has never cost him more than $40.

Thanks for all the replies, we are not chartering the boat it will just be me, my uncle, and my good friend. Will look into the liability release form, not a bad idea. He has a dingy that we can use as a life boat and my dad will just sit on the boat and read a book like he always does when he goes on his boat :). I will look into oxygen and me and my dad have already done the USCG class.
In the 1960's maybe, Just what type of power boat, that you can safely dive off of ,can make that trip on 10 gallons or gas?

1st rule - Never, Never, Never take a cent for anything dealing with the boat, gas food anything. If you do, you just became a boat for hire with all the overhead that brings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom