Batteries and Chargers?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Oh boy, lots of new NiMH batteries being introduced.

I've searched the net for information and so far it's been helpful, but now I'm going to ask all the shutter bugs here what they have been using for batteries and chargers, are you happy with your choice, and how many types of batteries did you go through before you settled on your current set.

For myself, I've switched to the Powerex 2300 mAh NiMH batteries, and thrown out my iPowerUS charger because it overcharged the last set of Panasonic batteries. Grrrrr... The new charger is also from Powerex, it's the MAHA C-204W. Nice little charger, that can condition the batteries, bring dead ones to life, and seems to give a 99 percent charge in 3 to 4 hours without heating up the batteries. Oh and it will work with 120-240 volts 50-60 cycles which is a nice touch.

I switched to sanyo 2500 mah NiMH batteries with the charger that was recomended on the web site I bought them at.. Got (3) two tank dives out of them with my c5050

montyb

Back
Top Bottom