battery heated vest anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still committed to wetsuit diving in CA - but I'm getting cold in 50+ degree water - will this Thermulation 70-meter vest work under a 7-mil wetsuit + hooded vest combo? How does it feel under a tight wetsuit?
divergal80

Jimmy,
If you are referring to the Thermalution, you can definitely turn it on and off, or from low-med-high during your dive. All models are equipped with this feature.

I'm still committed to wetsuit diving in CA - but I'm getting cold in 50+ degree water - will this Thermulation 70-meter vest work under a 7-mil wetsuit + hooded vest combo? How does it feel under a tight wetsuit?
divergal80

The Thermalution will work great under your hooded vest +7mm wetsuit combo! The suits are made of a Lycra material, very similar to a rash guard top, and extremely thin. (less than 1mm in most places) The suit goes virtually unnoticed under your wetsuit. The batteries of the Thermalution are only 1/2 inch thick and sit below the armpits, in an area of the wetsuit that usually has plenty of room to stretch. Most scuba divers notice nothing but the warmth once it's on under their wetsuit.

I have a heated vest from a u.k company called blazer. It has heaters front and back and has no problems with turning on or off underwater. Only down side is once it is switched on you can not change it, but at only £99 who cares :)

Sent from my iPhone

I was talking about this. He did not make any sense.

OK, Matt - what's my next step - do you go to any scuba shows, like Long Beach coming up? You say distributor - are you selling online? How does one determine size, etc.?

OK, Matt - what's my next step - do you go to any scuba shows, like Long Beach coming up? You say distributor - are you selling online? How does one determine size, etc.?

Divergal,

Thermalution attends the DEMA show every year! 2011 the show was held in Florida. For 2012 the show is scheduled for Las Vegas Nevada!

Yes, we are selling online and wholesale to different diving schools and stores around the United States. You can check out our website, HeatedWetsuits.Com to place a retail order. We ship for free worldwide and have all sizes in stock.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can email me at: patton@heatedwetsuits.com I am more than happy to help out at any time.

Stay Warm!

I just purchased one of the Thermolution Deep Diving vests, at the Long Beach Scuba Show. I will be trying it out under my wetsuit in two weeks, on a weekend dive trip out to Anacapa and Gull Island (where the water temps will likely be in the mid-50's). I will report back here what I find.

I'm a little confused with the website - the model I received has a wireless controller, which is a little wrist band that you swipe on the wired controller that is attached to the vest and comes out of the top of your wetsuit (you just attach it to your BC). The website, however, states that this model doesn't have a wireless controller. So maybe this is a new feature?

This was a real gamble - while the whole idea sounds great, I do have some concerns that it will just be too problematic, too many opportunities for something to go wrong. I'm mostly concerned about the wireless controller - seems like a potential failure point. But I decided to put it to the test because frankly I just don't want to spend all the money for a drysuit. I actually prefer diving wet...except when it's COLD! :)

I hope it works, and I will give a fair report. I'll have it out for a full weekend of diving (8 dives over two days) so it will get a good workout.

I also just bought the Thermolution vest for deeper water at the LB Scuba Show (the show special was impossible to ignore) - I'm looking forward to checking it out in a couple of weeks, too - I'm also a wee bit worried - I would have preferred a hard wire temp adjustment rather than a wireless signal, but we'll see, right? I'm excited about the possibilities and will also keep you posted!
Erin

Hi Divergal - good to see someone else in California is trying one out. Yeah, that was a good price, huh? I just read a report of someone who tried it out this weekend and loved it! I'll be using it for the first time next weekend - 8 dives in water that's probably going to be in the mid-50's. I have high hopes! I'll come back with a full report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom