• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

battery replacement for SOLA 1200

Discussion in 'Light and Motion' started by tursiops, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Nick Missenden

Nick Missenden Garibaldi

This was a Japanese website that I translated. I wanted to know if this would be a direct swap without having to pull apart the other battery and soldering the circuit board.

2. Mr Paul

Mr Paul Garibaldi

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I'm only guessing but it is the only battery I have seen with the same part numbers ,pin plug even same coloured wires .im willing to give it ago how did you translate this web site and what web site is it cheers Paul

3. Mr Paul

Mr Paul Garibaldi

I think I should just send mine in too .who did you send it to and how long did it take cheers Paul

4. fmerkel

fmerkel Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Contacted Sola directly. You send it in and pay by credit card after it arrives and they've looked at it to let you know it they are OK to continue. Took ~ 2 weeks total from the USA. I picked up shipping on my side, they did on their side, or at least it was part of the fee.

I'm glad for the service but in a case of "simple battery change" (no other damage), $150 is a steep price for a $10 battery swap.

5. Mr Paul

Mr Paul Garibaldi