Battery Tool Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clark Fletcher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Would someone who owns an Oceanic Versa/VPRO/VEO that has the battery tool please measure the distance between the pins on the tool and let me know.

I have a Sherwood Amphos Air and seem to have misplaced my battery tool. Seems like the only way you can get one from Sherwood is to purchase a new computer. I could take it to the dealer to get the battery replaced but, I want the tool for my save a dive kit.

The Oceanic tool is readily available and looks similar to the Sherwood tool. Just don't know if the pin spacing is correct. On the Sherwood it's 1.220" or 31 mm.

Thanks.

If you just buy an adjustable one, you can use it on other things as well.

I have the battery tool for the Oceanic Geo 2. The pin spacing measures 1-5/32" or 1.156"........If that helps.

I get 30 mm for the Oceanic version. They're all made by PPS, I would wager they are the same
upload_2017-10-1_13-37-32.png

Edit: Yes, 1 5/32 inches is 30mm (actually 29.4). I would imagine the PPS dimension is imperial

FYI, adjustable ones are $5 on eBay

Thanks for the help folks. I'll definitely pick up an adjustable pin tool. I did a search for battery cover tool but, never thought to do a search for adjustable pin tools.

From my days of working on cars, I thought a snap ring tool might do the trick. However, my snap ring tool will only open to 25.4mm. So, no joy there.

I may also order the Oceanic tool just to try it. I measured the distance on my battery cover using a micrometer but, it was difficult to get an accurate measurement with the wrist strap in the way. It's quite possible that I ended up getting a measurement that was to the outside edge of the pin holes.

Thanks again.

That blue thing is a "watch back case remover". BEWARE, there are many makers and many of them are junk that will not hold the adjusted size. Look for reviews--not price.

Offhand I think they are also called "pin wrenches" (which have several different pin sets, to fit holes or slots) and a couple of other names. Finding the right names is often the hardest part.

many of them are junk
Most of them are junk, but they'll work easily for the back of a dive watch. This is the set I bought and it works better than most. At least for me, it has.

Back
Top Bottom