• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Bauer Compressor Filter

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba' started by Meister481, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Meister481

Meister481 Tech Instructor

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Not sure where to post this so mods you are welcome to move it. I just purchased a bauer compressor and was wondering where to get replacement filters. I've found some but they are expensive. Anyone know where I can get a deal?

2. Hoosier

Hoosier Solo Diver

Are you looking for P0 Triplex purification cartridge?

It is about $40 at http://www.scubacompressor.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/262

3. rjack321

rjack321 Captain

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
  4. GDI

GDI Artificer of Havoc & Kaos ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Lawerence Factor aint to bad for cost. But note that the filter is important as it is the air you will be breathing?????

5. Meister481

I'm looking into extra filtration since it's going to be used to PP fill. Not sure how well the triplex does.

6. Hoosier

Hoosier Solo Diver

For the PPbing, the stock triplex filtration isn't enough and its filtration time is relatively very very short. As you said, at least you need to add on the extra filtration appliance. such as one 32 inch canister and 32,000 cf capacity. However, even though many people are using this kind of set up, this doesn't gaurantee the hyper filter air, either.

7. Meister481

I'm looking at putting 2 mako series 16" in series. That should do it for what I need. Just have to wait til some show up at a reasonable price.