BAUER DIVEMATE 8 FINAL PRESSURE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clarkey

Registered
Reaction score
I am running a 5 year old BAUER Divemate 8 which from new had the final pressure set to 3400 PSI from the manufacturer. However we've recently been losing some of this pressure such that after cooling, tanks are only at around 2800/2900 PSI which some of our divers complain about. See picture of the final pressure valve attached , which seems to be tight as it goes, is there an easy way to just slightly increase the final pressure blow off point by a couple of hundred PSI? Or is there something else I need to be looking at? Just had the main block of the compressor cleaned out so hopefully nothing there, but not touched the filter side of it at all, other than regular filter changes of course. Thanks
DSCF0067.JPG

Are you saying that your relief valve is popping off early? It really doesn't matter what the fill pressure is after cooling as long as the pressure is correct at the time of filling. If you are getting the correct pressure and it just drops due to cooling, then that is a sign that you are filling too fast and you just need to slow down the fill rate a bit.

Is the vent pressure adjustment fully open? What ever the relief is set for, you can adjust the relief to vent at a lower pressure. I have serviced units where someone adjusted the vent pressure lower and others complained it wasn't getting to full pressure, not knowing it had been adjusted down. In my 30+ years of servicing HP compressors, I have never seen a triplex safety "go out of factory adjustment" by itself. I have seen them get stuck open after sitting for long periods of time.

Back
Top Bottom