BC Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat,
I was certified in the fall of '95 and was talked into getting a scubapro man's bc (which is a good bc). My biggest compalaintsi that it just doesn't fit me right.Over the next 2 years I did a lot of diving (75 logged dives) and the more I dove and improved my skills, my diving "profile" changed and I realized my equipment needs were different from the men divers. Due to circumstances beyond my control and much to my disappointment, I stopped diving for 3 years. I'm back into diving (currently working on my rescue divers cert) and now more than ever, I realize the importance of having good equipment that is comfortable and that fits properly. A BC is big investment, not only monetarialy, but also because it's such a big part of our life support while diving. If we aren't comfortable with our gear and in our gear, then our diving will not be all that it could be. Trying on BC's and finding the right one is time consuming, but I think it will be well worth the time and effort.

~lildiver

Hi Lildiver,

I have had my SeaQuest Diva QD for 4 years. I am 5'2" and it is so nice to have a BC that fits my small frame (I have a XS and it is perfect for me). Before I purchased my own equipment wearing rentals was terrible, and now I experience total comfort.

Laine

Lildiver,

I went to my dive club last night and talked to the two LadyHawk owners I know. Both agreed that integrated weights of the LadyHawk were more comfortable than the Diva LX. One also mentioned the factory option of ordering with the Air2 was cheaper than buying the Diva LX and Air2 seperately and having the Air2 installed.

I did the later. I bought my Diva LX and then had my LDS put the Air2 in. If you don't dive with an Air2 or don't plan to this might not be an advantage for you.

They both seemed totally happy with their purchase. One is a large women who is easily over 200lbs and the other is very tiny (5'2") and not more than 110lbs so I guess you could say that it fits a variety of body types.

I still like my Diva LX and the lumbar support but would probably consider the LadyHawk if I had to purchase again.

Your BC style roving reporter,
KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

KC,
Thanks for your report! I'm leaning towards the purchase of the LadyHawk, and it's good to hear the good reviews from those that have them. I've also heard very good things about the Diva. Since I already have an Air2, I could save some money there. Thanks again for your report.

~lildiver

I bought a Mares Ambra womens jacket and it has been great... it has a very short body which might not suit everyone but I love it. It really fits in snug to the waist and kidneys and is high enough not to interfere with weight belts (having said that it does have an integral system)Like most it has a fully adjustable strap system (everything that can be is!) - the only problem I find is that it doesn't have enough rings to attach extras to... although the ones that are there are well placed!

I bought a Ladyhawk and I love it. The only thing I would change is there is only one pocket and I found it by accident. It stays nicely out of the way when you don't need a pocket, but hangs rather low below your waist when it's pulled out. As to the back inflate, fit and integrated weights - it's terrific. Quite comfortable to a definately *not* male figure! The integrated weights are held in by a plastic clasp instead of velcro, so you're not likely to accidentally brush it open when trying to do something else. I really like the back inflate and have not needed to resort to the trim weight pockets to keep myself upright at the surface.

Hope this helps!

Seawolf

seawolf,
Hey thanks for your first-hand report! I'm going BC shopping Sat. and I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the Lady Hawk or the Isla. Thanks again for your input.
~lildiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom