BC Knife Mounting Preference?

How do you mount backup knife?

• I only carry a BK on my leg. NO backup.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Mounted on BC w/ zip ties.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • I only carry EMT shears as backup. NO knife.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • In BC/Wetsuit/DrySuit pocket.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duct taped to my hairy chest.

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-n-Buoyant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Many of us carry EMT shears, but I also prefer to have a small (easily accessible) BC knife. Where do you mount yours? My old BC had plenty of shoulder strap where I had used a mounting kit to attach, but my new (I REALLY like it) ScubaPro Classic Plus does not have an obvious place.

Where can I find a mounting kit for an inflator hose or LP hose?

i carry a small knife mounted on the left side of my BC.

i am, however, on the lookout for a good pair of shears to keep in my BC
pocket, but haven't found them for the right price yet (in my short
time looking).

maybe someone can recommend some?

Big-n-Buoyant:
Many of us carry EMT shears, but I also prefer to have a small (easily accessible) BC knife. Where do you mount yours? My old BC had plenty of shoulder strap where I had used a mounting kit to attach, but my new (I REALLY like it) ScubaPro Classic Plus does not have an obvious place.

Where can I find a mounting kit for an inflator hose or LP hose?

You really don't need a mounting kit just remove the straps, and run your ripties in there place. Be careful not to over tighten them. My pref.
is to mount it upside down on the inflator hose..

H2Andy:
i carry a small knife mounted on the left side of my BC.

i am, however, on the lookout for a good pair of shears to keep in my BC
pocket, but haven't found them for the right price yet (in my short
time looking).

maybe someone can recommend some?
Scuba Chicks sells them.

TWO OF EVERYTHING is a good rule for scuba. My primary knife is mounted with zip ties on my shoulder strap. My backup (smaller) knife is mounted with zip ties on my SPG hose. It is definitely good to have two cutting devices with you at all times.

In my experience zip ties break.

I carry a pair of shears on my belt left of center and a small knife in my thigh pocket.

Every dive:

Shears from local medical supply house in pocket on waist strap. Cheap and useful.

Small knife in cordura sheath on chest strap. Sheath has belt loop that chest strap goes through. Hangs inverted.

Special Occasion:
Leg knife strapped to inside of calf.

Ditto to IndigoBlue on this, Two is One, One is None! A small folding knife tied to a snap and clipped to a shoulder ring works pretty good for me and i havent lost a knife yet since i started doing this. shears in a pocket are great when you run into a pile of mono,i file i small notch into the shears blade for the spiderwire we sometimes come across.

Back
Top Bottom