BC suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daric

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have searched and read the posts that relate, but still would like some input, please.

I would like to get a Zeagel Stilletto, but $ is a bit tight right now and I can get an Aeris Atmos XT (the older Atmos) for about $200 less than the Zeagle. I will travel quite a bit so packing size and weight matter. I think it weighs about 8 lbs which is a little heavy, but okay, and I don't know how well it packs (It's not on the Aeris webpage anymore since it is discontinued).

I do sort of like the hybrid idea if it works but am also fine with the back inflate Zeagle.

Daric:
I have searched and read the posts that relate, but still would like some input, please.

I would like to get a Zeagle Stiletto, but $ is a bit tight right now and I can get an Aeris Atmos XT (the older Atmos) for about $200 less than the Zeagle. I will travel quite a bit so packing size and weight matter. I think it weighs about 8 lbs which is a little heavy, but OK, and I don't know how well it packs (It's not on the Aeris web page anymore since it is discontinued).

I do sort of like the hybrid idea if it works but am also fine with the back inflate Zeagle.

I carry on all of my life support equipment. I have a rolling carry-on suitcase that meets the maximum allowance for the size of carry-on luggage.

I put the following in the carry-on

ATMOS XT BC (Remove weight pockets from the BC)
Weight pockets for ATMOS XT
Atomic B2 Regulator
Aeris ATMOS AI dive computer
Prescription mask & snorkel
Atomic SS1 octopus/inflater
"C" cards
Reservations
Misc small items

The reason I suggest taking the weight pockets out of the BC is that is makes it easier to pack it since that section of the BC is not as stiff which saves a decent amount of space.

I made sure it would fit before buying the BC. I took the carry-on to the LDS along with the other items I wanted to fit in the carry-on.

I am very happy with the BC.

I would suggest buying a spare weight pocket for the BC in case you lose or break on vacation. The weight pockets are only $20 per pair.

I have not had to use the spare pockets yet but I feel it is cheap insurance. I pack the spare weight pockets in the checked baggage since I feel the chance of having the airline lose my baggage and simultaneously losing or breaking a weight pocket is extremely slim.

I am very happy with the BC. From what I can tell the difference between the XT and LX is the orientation of the weight pockets.

I hope answers your question.

A friend of mine with a different BC paid $35 for one packet he replaced on his BC.

You might want to give the Zeagle Brigade (a scubatoys.com exclusive) a look. It is basically the Ranger with the smaller wing of the escape.

Gary

I dive with the Atmos XT and couldn't be happier. It's an excellent piece of gear. As for packing, I put it in checked luggage with no problems. BC, exposure suits, and fins get checked together, and the bag usually weighs under 40 pounds.

Mountain Dog

I dive a seaquest balance because they are very comfortable and also compact. Best gear choice I made so far.

Back
Top Bottom