BC to manual inflator tube connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thedalsusa

Reaction score
Are the threads used for the BC to inflator/deflator tube specific to Mares or specific models? Mainly, I want to replace the assembly with a AquaLung Airsource3 integrated octo which requires its entire assembly to attach. Are their any options from Mares or is it necessary to consider another BC if I really want to stay with this integrated octo/inflator?

Hi sorry for the late response. Somehow I didn't see your post? Anyhow to answer your question, the Mares threads are unique to Mares BCD's. I do not believe there is an adapter to convert. It is also not recommended using other manufacturers products in conjunction with Mares products. Having said that if you can wait a little while, you will find we have a new product in store that will take care of your issue. :)

Sincerely,

The suspense is going to kill me... I'm sure the product will be great. Any hints of what type of features or a date? With all the unknowns, I'm leaning towards exchanging my Dragon and moving to a Seaquest back-inflate within the next couple of days.

Hi,

Sorry I am cannot express details at this time. I'm afraid if I spilled the beans, some mafia hitman from Italy will take me out in my sleep. :)... Sometime in 2008.... Well, I am sorry if you can't wait, and sort of understand. Plus you are talking about a complete departure from the Dragon, with a backinflate. Sounds like you don't have what you want?

Sincerely,

I was in between a back-inflate (Zeagle Ranger to be specific) and the Dragon. Inventory played a factor in my decision, and as far as jacket styles were concerned, the Dragon was my favorite. That being said, moving away from my jacket favorite, I would like to go with the Zeagle back-inflator, but I have the same issue. I have to decide if any of the AquaLung/Seaquests back-inflators meet my comfort and needs, or move away from the Airsource3, and then open up all the doors again to what to consider.... UGHHH!!!! It's frustrating, but out of all the components I'm trying to match up, I do feel the Airsource3 is the most innovative, so right now, I'm working around that piece of equipment.

Watch out for those Italian hitman too! :)

Back
Top Bottom