Bcd 5500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tropitan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I have about 50 dives on my bcd 5500. I enjoy this bc very much with the exception of the AWLS latching system. I find the buckles cumbersome and difficult to latch. Also, the weight pouches are hard to insert into the pockets; they are flimsy. Are there any plans to upgrade and/or change that style? Thank you.

HI tropitan-
The BCJ-5500 was equipped with our velcro closure system that precedes the current AWLS on the BCJ-5550 and BCJ-5560 models. The pockets work best if soft weights are used for loading, however, we have found that using a rigid pocket can cause discomfort and other issues so a softer pocket design was introduced. Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans to alter this style, but we are continuosly working on developing new products and refining current. Thanks for the feedback and we will forward it to the appropriate departments.

Sorry, it is the 5550 I have, not the 5500. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom