BCD for wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beejw

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm not looking for a longwinded answer here.

In your experience, do most divers who do wreck penetration and extended range wreck diving with doubles tend to use bp/w rigs like a Halycon or OMI rig, or full bc's like Zeagles Ranger or Tec?

Cheers,

beej :huh:

beejw:

In your experience, do most divers who do wreck penetration and extended range wreck diving with doubles tend to use bp/w rigs like a Halycon or OMI rig, or full bc's like Zeagles Ranger or Tec?

Cheers,

I think it safe to say most use bp/w,,,,,I pers. use a Zeagle Tec with SS plate and find it is a great platform for doubles and tech diving.

beejw:

Cheers,

You start a thread mentioning bp/w and BC in the same question and you think it won't get long winded?

:popcorn:

Pathfinder:
You start a thread mentioning bp/w and BC in the same question and you think it won't get long winded?

:popcorn:

im not asking about the merrits of each and which is better, just which is preffered by people...maybe a poll would have better served this...but then, if you dont get enough data...

i guess the secondary question then is...why are bp/w rigs so popular?

beejw:
i guess the secondary question then is...why are bp/w rigs so popular?

BP&W is simple, adaptable, and inherently rugged. The modular nature makes matching the rig to the task possible.

The "hogarthian" configuration accomodates the gear typically carried on such dives easily.

IMO, mounting doubles to anything that lacks a plate of some sort is less than ideal.

Tobin

beejw:
why are bp/w rigs so popular?
When doing deco or penetration dives, there isn't as much tolerance for problems, as direct ascent to the surface may not be an option. You have to fix your problems while you're underwater, and therefore it's a good idea to eliminate potential problem sources before they occur. A bp/w helps to accomplish this by making it possible for you to incorporate everything you need for a dive, and eliminate everything you don't.

For me, a lot of the appeal of bp/w is in the absence of B.S. "features" that don't contribute anything positive to my dive. The rest of the appeal is in the performance. It's minimalist, but doesn't make me feel like I'm sacrificing anything I actually want and actually adds some tangible benefits like letting me reduce the lead I carry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom