BCD Recomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey snapper here's a thread I started also a link to a blog I wrote for another website
First dive with bp wing and doubles
First Dive With BP Wing and Doubles | Try Tech Gear
Now sb is partial to the bp wing it can be expensive to buy new but if you look around you can find a complete rig used for close to 1500 I spent roughly that on my gear
To put it in perspective
Manifold 450
Tanks x2 600
Bp 250
Tank bands 300
Wing 600
Harness 400
So new your looking at roughly 3 grand
Give or take I got mine used for less then half of that and it's in near new condition
For doing the work that you going to be doing I would suggest the bp w you honestly dont feel it ubdwrwatwr evwn a rig as heavy as mine i have nothing dangling in fromt and thwir really was no learning curve it actually made diving easier

You don’t need to dive doubles in a backplate. You can get it much cheaper than 3k. Mine was about $500 (less tanks obviously)

I like the Aqualung Axiom it is a jacket style bc that is durable and comfortable with plenty of lift for cold water diving.

You don’t need to dive doubles in a backplate. You can get it much cheaper than 3k. Mine was about $500 (less tanks obviously)
True I was just giving a breakdown of what I knew and that's roughly what mine cost but if you go single yeah way cheaper
I just like not changing tanks between dives I got a 25hp 117 Faber that I top up my tanks between dives if I'm lower then half

I have heard my Zeagle Ranger described as a hybrid between a jacket and BP/W. It's back inflate, which I like, and is tough.
OP, the problem you will have is that the options available address individual needs. You have to figure out what you need and find what works best for you.
We all like what we have because it works for us. What works for me may be very wrong for your needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom