First dive with bp wing and doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Littlerayray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wow what a difference compared to using a jacket bc I love my bp and wing they become part of you rather then just being attached to you it was easier to trim out and everything stayed put.
I recommend the bp and wing even to new divers now I thought I loved diving before bit it's even better with the wing

Me adjusting my straps so it fits like a glove
Ray.jpg

Nice picture Littlerayray. What size tanks are those?

Ss backplate and oms 95lbs double bladder wing and apex comfort harness
Now before any one balks at a comfort harness let me tell you it is awesome for shore dives cuz that's 130lbs on my back and it's tough doing shore dives with that weight

I have LP50s as doubles. I do love them. I wish I could do LP85s as doubles but the total weight is just too much to carry around. I don't want to hurt my back. So I'm impressed that you are carrying them easily.

I still remember my first dive with my BP/wing. It was so much better. I felt freer. Plus, I needed less lead weight and my trim improved a lot. I felt less drag.

I wish I had tried this earlier too. I had already outgrew my first BC - with a bp/wing, I could have just altered the webbing and not needed a new one. The second BC I bought in the tropics where I was living at the time. Then, when back north in Canada, it was way too tight to be used with a thicker wetsuit. Again, a wing's webbing could have been easily extended to accommodate this.

Back
Top Bottom