BC's DWnDD August 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i found out on some SCUBA sites that the Grace Oil Rig is supposed to have a large population of scallops..i have always been interested in doing some kind of underwater hunting, although this is more like collecting, and i am wondering if anyone is planning on collecting any scallops this wednesday at the rig? if so it would be great if someone could show me the ropes although i assume it is pretty self explanatory

If you're looking for scallops look no further. The Grace is littered with them and some of them are HUGE! They're pretty easy, especially if you've got a scallop tool which you can buy almost anywhere.

Best of luck,

Billy

Last time we dove the rig i think there was enough scallops for every one that had a Licesens to have their Limit!

I only see 4 names on the calender. I know there are more of you guys going on this trip.

Come on, a little cooperation, please!:rofl3:

This trip is going to be fun! They always are:D

GOOOOD MOOOORNING Beach Crabs!!!!!!

I will see you on the boat this morning. The Peace, Diving, Oilrig Grace, Scallops, and the best company around, The BC's. What more could anyone want:D
Don't answer that Billy or Ren:rofl3:

Again, a big thanks to the BeachCrabs for letting us know about this trip... I had a blast...
Nice meeting ya'll again and being introduce to some new Crabers. Can't wait to see the pictures!

A big thank you, to everyone that attended this Boat trip. What a spectacular Day at the rig. Vis was the best I have seen in a long time. It was a pleasure to meet the new Crabs, and great seeing the rest. Thank you Rex for diving with me, and being a good buddy! Over all I would rate this trip one of the best I have had to Grace! Thank you goes out the Eric of The Peace, and the crew, as well, for being the best, and providing the best time. Welcome back Becky, great food!:D

Rick

I thought I posted last night, right after Dave, but my post isn't there, guess that's what I get for trying to do it dead tired from diving, I probably never hit the post button.

Anyhow all over again, great day diving on oil rig Grace. Sure beats working. My first trip to the rigs. It was cool seeing the structure below the water. Also always fun seeing the Beach Crabs group, new ones and regulars. Thanks always to Rick for setting these trips up, a great group to dive with multiple times weekly!

Thanks Rick for being a great buddy, those were three fun, easy dives. I always like diving with you, no rush, no worries, just looking at stuff. And thanks for pointing small stuff out to me, your eyes are better than mine. I take pictures and don't even see what you're pointing to until I come home and look at the photos! I got a few decent shots. I'll try to post them later tonight.

Glad you all had fun :D Hopfuly i can join on the next trip!

Here are a couple pics I took. Cheap camera, no strobe.

Jim with Video
PICT0035_editedrs.jpg

Where is Waldo?
PICT0045_editedrs.jpg

????
PICT0042_editedrs.jpg

Peek-a-boo
PICT0047_editedrs.jpg

Caught me
PICT0052_editedrs.jpg

Fast!!!
PICT0064_edited.jpg