BC's with "Elevator" Lever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey RJP,

I found a pic of you online when you were just a toddler.... :) It's a perfect match to your avatar.... :)

6jn7d54.jpg

And then there's the original concept inspiration for the "streamlined" i3...

i2christmas_tree.png

Have you read pages 2 to 38 of this thread?!?! :rofl3:

Yes :) What I meant was I've seen a lot of crap talk on a few other threads as well, but this is a good one :D

I looked at one of those things and decided against it mainly because you can't have a second stage inflator. You have to screw around with an octo (which I personally don't like). I've never dove with an I-3, but I don't see the advantage of levers over buttons. Is a BC really THAT hard to operate?

I looked at one of those things and decided against it mainly because you can't have a second stage inflator. You have to screw around with an octo (which I personally don't like). I've never dove with an I-3, but I don't see the advantage of levers over buttons. Is a BC really THAT hard to operate?

Is an octo so hard to place around your neck and have a proper one? :popcorn:

This would be an excellent argument FOR the i3 :) not allowing you to use those crappy second-stage-inflators.

But unfortunately what you said is just wrong: you may install a second stage inflator on it, replacing the orar inflator hose. You will just need an extra LP port for it, and surprise, you will have dual BCD inflating systems (both from the i3 and from the second-stage inflator, to use as you wish).

Im not sure having second thoghts about buying this ....read that agirl had trouble deflating her bc and only inflated on one side ...not good ...plus im a mares fan think ill get the mares allikai...mares is the best scuba company ...only company that makes all their gear ...and totaly sticks by their products...just wish i could get a pink bc from mares ...i like pink

Im not sure having second thoghts about buying this ....read that agirl had trouble deflating her bc and only inflated on one side ...not good ...plus im a mares fan think ill get the mares allikai...mares is the best scuba company ...only company that makes all their gear ...and totaly sticks by their products...just wish i could get a pink bc from mares ...i like pink

Go with the pink Pearl i3 you will look dazzling in the water.... :)

Mares is anything but a company that "totaly sticks by their products". I remember them discontinuing some regulators normally having life-time warranty (which they purchased from Dacor), and just offering to replace the regulators with new models.

I had the opportunity to compare side by side a Pro QD and a Mares (not sure the model?). The Mares just didn't had the same feeling of high quality, all details considered product. It didn't had a solid handle (just a cordura one), the tank support wasn't great, the plastics had barbs from the manufacturing process, the side pockets zippers were harder to reach and operate, and so on. On the bright side I have liked their integrated weights pockets - easier to slide in. But when you look at a Seaquest BCD (and also, I have to admit, at Scubapro ones), they look high quality, solid, everything considered in the design. Maybe it is a subjective feeling, but that's my opinion. I usually didn't liked Mares products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom