Beach Dive at Vero Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anyone did shore dives over at Vero beach after the hurricanes? I was going through the DeLoach' s Guide and wonder if it is worth the dives? Anyone down there can point me the sites as well as if it is a possible dive this weekend (Sat)...

thanks

I seriously doubt Vero will be clear by the weekend, we have had a pretty good swell all week and its just settling down. You may get some visibility a little farther south at Pepper Park near Ft Pierce

Joe

It's a good place to get wet if that's solely your objective. People are very friendly, your car will be safe in the parking lot, uh let's see...if you swim out far enough, you might even hit 15'.

Beach diving in this area is not up to where I think it is worth it yet. I want 15' of viso and warmer temps. So far it has been very kicked up being the tail end of winter and all.

Pepper park is some what protected with the shallow "reef" rock structures at the second and third line and the inlet wall to the south.

There is a dive there this Saturday with a large group aka FLirishman doing a cleanup. You could do that and meet some Very good divers and new friends as well.

Eric

low-water-mark:
Anyone did shore dives over at Vero beach after the hurricanes? I was going through the DeLoach' s Guide and wonder if it is worth the dives? Anyone down there can point me the sites as well as if it is a possible dive this weekend (Sat)...

thanks
Beach Dive Earth Day Pepper Park Sat Apr 23

Beach Dive at Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce on Saturday, April 23. Meet at the Park at 8:00 am. Conditions perimtting, I'll bring a dive kayak and some Bicardi Limon Rum [ for our after dive lunch refreshments ]!

Help Coral Reef Alliance Earth Day reach their goal of recruiting 10,000 divers to sign the Dive In Pledge by Earth Day Week of April 22, 2005.
Note: There will be several clubs diving on these weekends including the Bacardi Limon Beach Dive Team at Pepper Park

Bacardi Limon Beach Dive Team / Earth Day will attempt a Beach Dive at a Beach Dive / Snorkel and cleanup at Pepper Park on Saturday meeting at 8:00 am.

Conditiions permitting we'll Dive / Snorkel / Kayak / Sit-On-The-Beach and do a cleanup of the 3rd reefline. Conditions Not Permitting, we'll cleanup the beach area. Bring a lunch and we'll have lunch and some Rum and Coke afterwards.

George / The IrishmanIrishman@Sprynet.com
http://www.irishmansoftware.com/divecal5.htm
http://www.irishmansoftware.com/blbdt.htm

CBulla:
WOW..is it really so cold as to warrant wet suits there still!?!

I wonder that too - why everyone always wears wetsuits when the water is warm(ish). I went down South and dove Saturday and was nice and comfy with a vest and shorts on and hell, I am from FL and hate cold.

Good job all - glad to hear about other folks doing cleanups!!!!!

CBulla:
WOW..is it really so cold as to warrant wet suits there still!?!

The water temp was 73 deg! But we also wear wet suits to protect against the Very Sharp Spiny Urchans. Since were in shallow water - my max depth was 14 ft and aveeraged 10 ft or less on top of the reef, there is a surge. A slight moment of not paying attention and a little surge could put you on the bottom and meet skin to urchin - not a good thing. We eve wear a full wetsuit in the middle of August while beach diving mostly for protection.

And why do we dive hear? Well there is Gold to be found! This area - from Pepper Park north to Sebastian Inlet is known for the many ships that have sunk here, many in the storm of 1715. There's still lot's of Gold to be found here [ but you must remember that you can't pick it up while diving, but if you find it in the sand of the beach it's yours ]!!

Geo / The Irishman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom