Beach diving off of Vero Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HilaryRN71

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I read somewhere Vero had some beach diving, but when I talked to the local shop there, they were not enthusiastic. Anyone here done any beach dives from that area? I'm moving up there in a few weeks and really hope to be able to do some beach dives.

Hi Hillary

There are near shore reefs from Sebastian to Ft Pierce (Beach Dives). Off highway 60 in Vero is the wreck of the Brekenshire. When the seas are flat beach dives in Vero are really fun...

Call me for more info...321-537-9751

Enthusiasm is relative. I love diving from Wabasso to Ft Pierce. You just have to be very selective on the weather conditions. If the wind is coming out of the east, stay home... if it's coming out of the west, it'll probably be great.

Well it's good to find some people that like to dive that area. I called the dive shop the other day about local dive clubs. Their response was "There is really only hunting around here...don't know of any local dive clubs. Check with the Stuart store." Just not the type of environment in a shop that i am accustomed to.

but I don't care if the viz isn't great....I still want to see what there is to see.

Hilary,
Are you in Vero? We have several members in our dive club from Vero. Melbourne has several dive clubs. I belong to Down Under Dive Club. You can check out our web site at http://www.downunderdiveclub.com We meet the second Wednesday of the month (last night).

Al

Scuba_Dad:
Hilary,
Are you in Vero? We have several members in our dive club from Vero. Melbourne has several dive clubs. I belong to Down Under Dive Club. You can check out our web site at http://www.downunderdiveclub.com We meet the second Wednesday of the month (last night).

Al
I'm moving to Vero next week, actually. Just relocated to FL. It's good to know there is a dive club that is active in Melbourne. I love to dive and it's so much more fun to be part of a group. I'll bet you'll see me at next months meeting!

Hey Al

Tell me more about "Down Under" I may like to join. Heard alot of good things about them

Hilary,

Welcome to the area. Donna and I live in Sebastian, just up the road from Vero. I have not dived off Vero, but there is supposed to be some decent shore dives there. I have dived off Pepper Park in Ft. Pierce. The viz is not usually really good, but 10 to 30 ft depending on conditions. I suspect that Vero would be similar. When you get to town, send a PM. We will get together and dive somewhere.

I need to get to one of the Down Under Dive Club's meetings myself. They have been around forever.

HilaryRN71:
I read somewhere Vero had some beach diving, but when I talked to the local shop there, they were not enthusiastic. Anyone here done any beach dives from that area? I'm moving up there in a few weeks and really hope to be able to do some beach dives.

Hilary,

Welcome! I'm also a member of Down Under Dive Club, we are a good group of folks. We have 2 monthly club dives out of Jupiter and WPB. I live in Sebastian and have dived the beaches. Pick your days right and you will have a blast! I like the ones that have showers. You may want to drive down to Pepper Park also.

For the most part I dive the boats you can't beat Jupiter for nice local reefs.

See you at the next club meeting!

Jibeho,

Where in Sebastian? We need to get together and go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom