Beach Houses @ CoCo View on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hydroknot

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone have an opinion about the beach houses adjacent to CoCo View Resort (CCR)? A set of 5-6 houses are just to the east of CCV. You can see them using Google Earth. The houses are affiliated with CCV in some way. See them also at:

PM entry page

We are staying in house #8 for one week in early July.

Thanks.

Anyone have an opinion about the beach houses adjacent to CoCo View Resort (CCR)?

CCV

Opinion? Yes, you're about to be ruined for almost any other tropical dive experience.

Many people express concern about the Playa Miguel Beach Houses being "too far away", but as you noted from the satellite image, and as you'll surely realize upon arrival- they are a minute's bicycle ride away from the main resort center.

I would buy-into the resort meal plan instead of cooking for myself~ most people do. Why? I am profoundly lazy and I prefer to have my 5 dives a day versus kitchen duty. However, having them pre-stock the place with snacks or any food would be a smart idea- you do have a full kitchen in the Playa Miguel Beach Houses.

You will find that although the evenings in the main part of the resort are everything Jimmy Buffett is singing about- the Beach Houses are lit only by the stars and Moon as you sit outside on your own perfectly private deck.

Sometimes, as the main part of the resort (the well known over-the-water Cabanas and Bungalows with 200' of the main Clubhouse) is often fully booked, many visitors are offered housing in the Playa Miguel Beach Houses. This situation causes many to perceive that somehow they are less desirable. Not the case!

Go, have fun. Dive a lot- that's why the place is there!

My wife and I stayed on beach house #4 last month. It is the closest beach house to the resort. It was great! No issues at all with not being directly at the resort. We would not hesitate to stay there again. CoCo View is an amazing place to dive, go have fun!

My wife and I stayed in BH#4 a few years ago and it was great. There were a lot of bicycles around that you could ride back and forth if you wanted to. The walk was no big deal if you couldn't fined a bike. We would definitely stay in one of the houses again if we were going to Roatan.

Craig

I'm headed Coco View Aug 1 - 8 in same beach house # 8 leave some gold for us. Please post any information you find out. We are wondering how long a hike it is to the boat house etc.

Read through the above thread and also visit CoCoChat message board. There are bikes for those truly in a rush :wink: Some units may have golf carts, as well.

Picture34-3.png

I'm headed Coco View Aug 1 - 8 in same beach house # 8 leave some gold for us. Please post any information you find out. We are wondering how long a hike it is to the boat house etc. lwolf@latech.us
Distance from BH 8 to dive shop at CCV is approx. 1,200 yards or 2-tenths of a mile. Google Earth is really something!

1,200 yards or 2-tenths of a mile.

I think that kind of math is what caused the Martian lander to crash. :eyebrow:

Suffice to say, the dive-op pretty darned close to any of the Beach Houses. :crafty:

Come on down. I think you're going to love it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom