Beach vs. Boat Diving

What percentage of your dives in the last 12 months have been from a beach?

• none

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • 0 < beach % <= 25

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • 25 < beach % <= 50

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 50 < beach % <= 75

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • 75 < beach % < 100

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • all

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you take a small boat out to an island and then do a shore entry is that a beach dive or a boat dive? I'm not doing this to be a smart ass. I actually have several of these dives planned for my vacation in August. We are going to dive off of some old fishing villages abandonded 100 years ago and look for old glassware in trash dumps. Our boat is big enough to get out there but not big enough to dive out of. (Or at least get back into once you have jumped out of it.)

I have done mostly shore dives. Hopefully that will change as to make the most of the Scottish West Coast you need a boat big enough to liveaboard, preferably equipped with a compressor. I've now got access to a boat, though we both need a bit of work; me in boat handling, and TLC for the boat. :D

I did a number of dives this year at Dutch Springs tuning up and trying out new equipment, but everything since then has been by boat. I know there are a few good shore dives off the Jersey coast, but for $50 or $60 I prefer to go explore some new wrecks.

Ty

Back
Top Bottom