Beaches Turks and Caicos Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope you have a great time. I would definitely recommend taking your own personal dive gear. Also be aware that all of the “rental” gear (its included) is good but the BCDs are not weight integrated. They have weight belts and weights there. I mention it because some folks have only trained with weight integrate BCDs vice weight belts.

I did not personally see a need for NITROX while there. With the two tanks a day Included dives and one more night dive if you wanted to pay extra there was just not enough bottom time for it to be needed unless you have some risk factor or just want to for other reasons.

One other note, the boats do 2 tank dives in the AM and one tank dives in the afternoon. The morning dives go out to the farther, and much better locations, whereas the PM boats stay closer to the resort and the diving is good but nowhere near as good as the AM trips. Generally the AM trips were back by lunch so you would be back in time to have lunch with your wife.

I did not personally see a need for NITROX while there. With the two tanks a day Included dives and one more night dive if you wanted to pay extra there was just not enough bottom time for it to be needed unless you have some risk factor or just want to for other reasons.

Thanks for the added information, it didn't sound like there would be a benefit to EAN but wanted to double check. I'm definitely planning on the AM dives on Mon. & Tues. per your original post. Appreciate the heads up on the weights. I'll pack as much as much gear as will fit in my carryon. I've trained with both weight systems, so no worries there. I'm actually a dork that likes diving all manner of different configs to challenge my skillset, esp. on slower paced dives in high vis. or forgiving environments.

Just returned on 16-January-2020 and can confirm most if not all of the initial review still holds true. Not sure if it were due to high winds or being their slow time of year, but they only had 1 dive a day in the morning instead of the aforementioned 2 tank AM dive and 1 tank PM dive. All dives were limited to 60-65ft as we also dove mixed groups that included newly minted OW all the way up to Master. Nice leisurely pace, no dive lasted more than 40 mins. Once the dive masters were comfortable with me they were a tad more lenient letting me scurry back and forth looking for photos. Killed my sac rate but with the short dives I figured it would be worth the effort.

View media item 209348View media item 209347View media item 209346View media item 209345View media item 209344View media item 209343View media item 209342View media item 209341View media item 209340View media item 209339

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom