Bear with me here... Just another "which island should we choose" thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone likes Curacao! I'd really like to get a different island "feel" though since we have been several times to Bonaire. By a different feel I mean less desert and more lush green.

I've got a question for other posters. Since the OP is talking about traveling in Jan./Feb. 2013, how apt would you guess they are to run into issues with the hurricane season, and how might their odds be better in, oh, say, late Feb. vs. early to mid. Jan.?

I ask because I've been to Bonaire 6 times & was considering Roatan, but one thing I noted was the rainy season potential.

Richard.

I think it's a non-issue for hurricanes:
Hurricane Season Dates

Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins June 1st and ends November 30th.

NOAA National Hurricane Center

I think Roatan's North side may still be tentative late winter/early spring for rougher weather but IDK for certain. The South side doesn't, when the north gets blown out the bigger operators move their boats over and shuttle everyone across island. Cocoview is on the south side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom