Beatin' the heat--headed to Belize 6/26 through 7/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Downing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like we're leaving Portland just in time. It's supposed to be in the upper 90s and even into the low triple digits over the next few days. And the weather in Dallas, our connecting city, has finally stabilized so little threat of a Texas thunderstorm interfering with our flight schedule. I'm looking forward to the balmy mid-80 breezes of Placencia.

Like a NASA rocket right before launch, all systems are go.

If any SBers are down there during this time frame, look us up at Splash Dive Center. We'll be diving with Splash for about a week, then taking a short trip to Punta Gorda to look at dirt, then onto San Ignacio to look at Tikal. After that, I'm going to drop my wife off at Goldson and return to Placencia to dive my brains out with Splash the rest of the trip.

I just picked up a new toy, an iTorch Kraken flashlight. Amazingly bright for such a small, lightweight device with a rechargeable battery. Hopefully Splash will run a night dive at some point, so I can whip out my flashlight and proclaim, "Release the Kraken!"

T minus 23 hours 22 minutes...

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever been to PDX when it was *that* hot! My travels there always included some grey and wet days!

Well I'm headed over when you're there but not as long - July 4-12. My days on Ambergris Caye will be the latter portion!
I ended up booking the 9th and 10th with YoBubba / White Sands

Back
Top Bottom