Beaver Lake Bluffs July 19th.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We dove the bluffs on Saturday. Bottom time was 20 min with a depth of 80 ft. Followed the sailboat line down to the strap trapeze, we thought the line went right to the boat but it ends up that once you reach the trapeze the boat is about 10-15 feet to the right. The temp was 57 at 80 ft and vis was only around 10 feet below thermocline. My computer doesn't give the surface temp but I do believe it was upper 70's.

Hopefully sometime in the next month I will be able to run a line to the boat itself and stick a line arrow on it so everyone will know.

Omni

We dove the bluffs on Saturday. Bottom time was 20 min with a depth of 80 ft. Followed the sailboat line down to the strap trapeze, we thought the line went right to the boat but it ends up that once you reach the trapeze the boat is about 10-15 feet to the right. The temp was 57 at 80 ft and vis was only around 10 feet below thermocline. My computer doesn't give the surface temp but I do believe it was upper 70's.

Hopefully sometime in the next month I will be able to run a line to the boat itself and stick a line arrow on it so everyone will know.

Omni
Actually, there are already two lines going down to the sailboat (one goes directly to it).... then on down from the sailboat there is a concrete alligator, even more beyond that.... Pretty cool.

We didn't see the line to the sailboat, I know that near the bottom of the trapeze there is a line that runs to the alligator. Where is the line to the boat? We didn't see it but with the vis it is highly possible that we just missed it. Also Mike dove the gator and it was in 110 feet.

Omni

The line directly to the sailboat is west of the one that you found and at a depth of about 35'. With the lake being so high I'm sure it is deeper than that now though. We just got back from Beaver Lake and the visibility is clearing up...still dark down deep but getting better all the time.

Back
Top Bottom