Bega Lagoon Resort, Fiji Sept,2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very nice pictures it is getting me fired up thanks counting the days any suggestions I have a sealife 1000 with one strobe with wide angle to attach any advice would be great .... except buying a new camera... :)

Regarding pics, closer is better, and try to shoot up if possible. That is, when shooting a bommie, get the reef with the surface in the background. One other comment, talk to the DM about seeing the electric clam. I'm not sure what dive it was on but it was the most amazing animal I have ever seen. The clam was in a hole in the reef, it's shell was red with red tendrils on the edge of its mantle, and you could see, what looked like, blue lighting arcing from the top to the bottom of each mantle. Simply amazing.

One Dm also pried a crinoid from the reef and we were able to see it free swim and then then when it landed to see it walk on the sand. I always thought that a crinoid was a form of coral but it is an animal. It was incredibly amazing to watch it walk on the sand.

Regards,

Bill

Yudi, I went to best buy and bought a 1875 watt international converter set. It can be used anywhere in the world. In it is a voltage converter/plug for Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, and China. Came in handy on the Beqa trip. Also has uses as I mentioned to other parts of the world. You can just by the set for Fiji. Have fun in Beqa!!Do the shark dive.

Well - Beqa Lagoon Resort is a sure bet let me tell you. I've returned last July from my 3rd trip there and love the place. We dived it on 2007 and got the Tiger Shark on one dive, and then got her again in 2010. So my wife Kathryn, and daughters Hannah and Georgia (15 and 18 respectively) has done 2 shark dives for 2 Tiger shark visitations (Hannah was a little shocked by the size of the thing!). I wrote an article a couple of years ago for Sportdiving Magazine called "Diving with the firewalkers" and can send a .pdf of it if you pm me with your email address. Meanwhile here are some images of the Tiger Shark, a Silvertip and my awesome daughter, Georgia. And I have a small gallery of Beqa images at http://picasaweb.google.com/104209118659619077740/TheSharkKids# P1010080d (Medium).jpg

P1010087d (Medium).jpg

P1010085a (Medium).JPG

P1010038a (Medium).JPG

P1010059a (Small).JPG

P1010154 (Small).JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom