Beginners accessory kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So after bothering you all for days and days, I've finally decided and/or purchased all the main gear, fins, mask, snorkel, bc, reg, gauges, computer... What is the rest of the recommended gear? Light, knife, o-ring kit, etc? Just trying to get everything together as best as I can. Thanks once again all!

edit: I forgot to mention I have a wetsuit and weights also!

Last edited:
Wetsuit
Weights & Belt
Air cylinders
Save a dive kit
A small (back-up) light for daytime diving
A primary light when you take up night diving.
2 cutting tools (knife & EMT shears)

Always carry..........

A big see-me tube (doubles as DSMB or SMB) a yellow Carter 35lb Personal Float.....and later you can add a small reel as previously suggested..........

A Storm whistle...........

A LED light..........mine is a ScubaPro Fuego

These are for signaling if you find yourself alone on the surface............

EMT shears are also on my belt........for my second cutting tool I carry a folding Spyderco..........

Hope this helps................M

Work on stuff that can get you rescued first ... SMB & Spool ... Rescue whistle ... small backup light ... Mirror ... EMT shears
and try to find a way to carry them on almost/every dive

then on stuff that can help you make a dive ... tools, O rings, wetsuit glue, and the like

smb and spool are good but make shure you know how to use them before you get them and where and what type of diving do you do this also determans the accesories needed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom