Beginning diver seeking knowledge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rica

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just started diving and decided to join the scubaboard in order to increase my knowledge about the sport. I hope that the SCUBA knowledge acquired in the scubaboard forums will help me become a better diver, teach me avoid injuries, quick fixes to equipment glitches, and much more.

I thank Scubaboard and it’s members in advance.

Happy diving,

Rica/Rich:rofl3:

Last edited:
Welcome to the board and certainly welcome to the addiction called diving. Hope you learn alot. Just remember, you brain is your best tool. :) You can learn a ton from the wonderful people on this forum. Have fun diving.

Last edited:
Don't breath the compressed air! There's something fishy with how addicting it is. :D

Tip 1, you should have a plastic cover to protect you tank valve. Put an extra O ring on the string.

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in our fun here:

SoCal - ScubaBoard

Hope we can all help each other out...enjoy.

Thanks for the advice, Sun Tzu (driftwood). I just replaced my tank valve cap and do carry extra o-rings. However, I have not considered placing an o-ring on the cap string. An issue I have to consider is how horrible I’m at untying small knots.

I plan on diving every month if I can, my goal is to do at least one boat dive per month, and as many shore dives as possible; what makes it possible is a dive buddy that dives more than me. Scuba diving has become my number one hobby/addiction; I even joined a dive club (Laguna Sea Dwellers).

I’ll be diving tomorrow off of Catalina Island via the Magician dive boat. Thanks, dwaters, USCScubaboy, and mjedrn.

an alternative to keeping the o-ring on the string is to simply keep it in your save-a-dive kit.

Have fun in Catalina tomorrow and please give us a dive report after you come back. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom