Being Narc'd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depth, cold water and low visibility/lack of light is "steroids" for narcosis.

As I've mentioned in previous threads on narcosis (or maybe more accurately, the likely interrelated effects of narcosis, CO2, vertigo, etc.), I find it difficult enough to maintain my concentration in 110 fsw with good vis and warm temps. I think if I were in conditions the OP describes, I'd be downright loopy.

Thanks for the replies everyone - I'm Canadian so kinda use to cold - Drysuit is coming this winter or next just in the middle of getting back to my normal weight ( gained alot over winter ) before getting into a customer drysuit
as i want to get into ice diving - I do get some stares from all the drysuit divers around me but thus is my love of diving. I do actually travel to Thailand 2-3 times a year so I am looking forward to October when I'm back there.
So I can definitely say that was Narcosis then. the one at 100ft was a bit of a work out but the wreck was just giant stride from the boat and sink down not much effort but more task loading with videoing and maintaining buoyancy trim trying not to silt up the place ( very dusty wreck )

Again thanks for the info guys ( and girls ) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom